10 Reasons Why The No.12 Are Not As Good As They Used To Be
1: Well first of all, they don’t actually exist anymore which makes them kinda hard to be good
2: They put their best tracks for their live album all in 1 track. So you have to skip through listening to all the crap they come out with before you can find what you want, and that means they obviously don’t even care about those tracks!
3: Their album artwork gets shitter every time. It used to be really minimalist and post modern but then they gotta obsessed with magazine cut outs of models, deers and retro jackets. Same deal with their music videos. And their track names. These aren’t enough alone to be 1 point but everything just went downhill! Oh and their T-Shirt designs as well.
4: 1 guitarist and 1 vocalist simple stopped bothering. Rad. I’m sure that made their shows twice as good.
5: They completely forgot about mega twiddle mentalistic spaz tap screwball sliding digit bend millisecond jazz riffs and just shouted more. sometimes without even any instruments getting involved at all.
6: Their lyrics have all kinda sucked and be a bit ironic but listen to some of the shit from the new album:
"I am a man that hunts at night, I am a man who bathes in tigers blood, I am a man with daggers in my smiles" - that’s something a 15 year old in his first metal band writes
"may the edges of their dreadful words slice through the walls of their veins" - super lame
"Continue to drill for fossil fuels regardless of the consequence. This planet needs it’s power even if it means extinction." - How poetic. I wonder what hidden meaning lies between the lines?
I’ve heard shit hardcore bands with better use of metaphor. They didn’t bother with this one
7: Their drummer bothered a lot more with HORSE The Band then he did with Number 12
8: They just stopped experimenting and stuck to a formula. Controlled mess isn’t as interesting.
9: Just like doing this list… I’ve got bored.
10: Erm. ALL THEIR BEST SONGS ARE ON THEIR FIRST EP!!!
“When we look at modern man, we have to face the fact that modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit, which stands in glaring contrast with a scientific and technological abundance. We’ve learned to fly the air like birds, we’ve learned to swim the seas like fish, yet we haven’t learned to walk the Earth as brothers and sisters.”—
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Also the intro to Operation Phoenix by Good Riddance. Heard this when I was like 15 and was probably the first time I ever really considered a “quote.”
I spat all over my screen when this song ‘kicked in’! She’s available as a lead singer so if anyone knows any bands looking for a singer then they wanna garb this freakjob before she gets MASSIVE. Massive asin a big star, not massive asin fat cus shes got that one dialed. It just gets worse and worse. I don’t wanna give away too much cus the suprise completely took my breath away (love). Just click, check, laugh and spread.
Let get this girl known everywhere so she can start playing shows and we can go see her. Laughcore. Jokecore.
This film sucked yeah, but I’ve been reading about this guy and actually can’t put the book down but I have to keep telling myself it’s real! Literally the most messed thing I’ve ever heard, my brain can’t do imagination well enough to convince myself this is all real.
Some things that are ballistic about this true story:
1. He made up his own coding system to send San Fransisco newspapers letters about his identity, which couldn’t be deciphered by any of the code breakers the military could find, but this some old man and his wife cracked it while reading the Sunday paper and the world’s top code crackers were like “…. Oh yeah.”
2. He constantly got his own way with the media by threatening to blow up a bus load of kids or shoot them as they came off it.
3. This lead to ALL buses being monitored by armed guards on the bus and following them in a police car.
4. The police spoke to the Zodiac on more than one occasion and let him go because they didn’t realise who he was.
5. The locations of the murders and the type of the places he chose where well known and publicised but retards still went there anyway.
6. He rung up a police officer, demanded that one of San Fran’s top most successful lawyers went onto a morning chat show so he could ring him up and speak to him. They did it.
7. But, he didn’t ring up. A mental patient did instead and shouted down the phone for 3 hours (televised live) about having headaches and wanting to kill “all the children.” It took them a long time to realise that this was not the Zodiac.
8. He claimed through letters to have killed 37 people. Only the first 7 were confirmed and as he started to chat more and more bullshit he just started to get ignored which is what they should have done in the first place!!! Not print his letters in the paper, making him out to be some super figure and meeting his every demand. This has been a proved cause to keep mass murderers killing.
9. His description and vehicle type are (or were) pretty much confirmed, but he has never been found.
10. One of his victims knew him for years, was clearly frightened of him, but invited him to parties and told all her friends not to worry about it when she was nervous around him and clearly being stalked.
WHAT. THE. FUCK? Clearly one of the most mental people to ever exist (try and find examples of the letters he sent, total spaz) but the police were actually godamn useless and the only person who managed to gather together all the evidence, statements and clues was a newspaper cartoonist. Actually ridiculous.
My geeking has well pulled off… As well as totally proving that I must actually be a bit of a nerd. I’ve always wanted to play a Back To The Future game, even though it would be guaranteed ass, the films were such a massive part of my childhood I want to do anything to keep them alive.
Obviously some else thought the same, so they’ve made a mod for GTA: Vice City where you can get all 3 of the cars from the films and time travel to 3 different versions of the city based on the films and reinact all the major scenes from the film.
It looks a bit crap, and it probably doesn’t work properly (YouTube it, I couldn’t find 1 video that really stood out) , but I’m well glad I can kinda play a BTTF game (aged 24, not 10) because I still have a bit of an obsession with that car and you even get a remote control version, you get the train, it’s got all the sounds from the films, it can fly and you have to go and collect plutonium or rubbish depending on which version of the car you have! That’s pretty cool… Right?